Advanced File uploading - more

Advanced File uploading - more

by Jim Huether -
Number of replies: 2

I have been able to upload .ppt and .doc files as a student to Assignments using the Advanced File Upload activity.

However I don't see a way as a Teacher to open such files, mark them up and save them back to Moodle!

Do I have to open such files, mark them up, save them to my PC, and then upload the markedup files back to the assignment? If so, how? Or is their a simpler way?

I have heard that a Microsoft Office addin can be added, however I am wondering if I can do what I want to do without the Microsoft addin? That is, take an Office file submitted by a student, and then as Teacher, mark it up and save it back - All within Moodle.

Can someone please help?

Jim

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Huether

Re: Advanced File uploading - more

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes to your first question - you open the file, comment on it, save and reupload to the response box you should have under  your grade feedback box. I haven't used the Microsoft add in in this way so I can't answer the second query.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Advanced File uploading - more

by ben reynolds -

Well, a correction. The safer way to deal with files is to download (which means to save) and then markup, then save, then reupload.

Answer about the add-in is that it does not work for Assignments. It only works to put and take Office files from the files directory in the classroom. It does not even see the moddata file.