novell oes2 edirectory and moodle ldap authentication

Re: novell oes2 edirectory and moodle ldap authentication

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Matt,

I have a test box in a virtual machine with CentOS 5.4 and eDirectory 8.8.5 (8.8 SP5) that I use to test LDAP authentication and enrolment code changes.

I have disabled TLS for password-based LDAP authentication to eDirectory (to make it easier to setup from Moodle's point of view).

I have a tree called MOODLE, with an organization called 'novell-edir' inside it, and an organizational unit called 'users' inside it, for the administrative users.

I have a user called 'ldap-user' inside the 'users' ou, with read rights to all attributes of all users and groups. This is the user I use to bind to eDirectory from Moodle.

Then I have another ou called 'moodle' hanging from the organization object. Inside the 'moodle' ou, I have a 'users' ou where I have two ous called 'students' and 'teachers'. And something similar for the courses (LDAP enrolment).

One little detail: I set the 'uid' attribute of the user objects to hold the username, instead of using the cn (which some people do).

The following image shows the LDAP authentication settings I use:

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2186/moodle19administrationu.png

Hope that helps.

Saludos. Iñaki.