I've created a prototype resource for Moodle 2 which allows you to create, edit and display slideshow-style presentations from within Moodle.
The module uses the Simple Standards-based Slide Show System (s5) by Eric Myer, and is working well so far.
Things that you can do:
- Create a new slideshow (slideshow HTML files are created in dataroot/s5) with template slides
- Select a theme for your slideshow (themes need to go in mod/slideshow/s5/ui)
- Edit your slides in TinyMCE
- Create new slides
Things you can't do (yet)
- Delete slides
- Preview slides with the theme applied while editing
- Specify the size for your slideshow to display
- Import existing s5 slideshows
- Import existing slideshows in other formats (ODF, OOXML)
Code is on GitHub (I'll submit it on the tracker once it's a bit more mature). Any feedback is appreciated!