Moderator quiz results in gradebook

Moderator quiz results in gradebook

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Number of replies: 2

I have an odd situation where a user who is assigned both the STUDENT and MODERATOR roles in a course context has attempted a quiz in that course. If I view the logs in the users' profile I can see the "quiz continue attempt" record and I can see all the answers for the quiz attempt - so this user did attempt the quiz. However, the result does not carry through to the gradebook for that course - the Grader Report does not show the quiz grade that the user obtained.

Is this normal behaviour? Do quiz results not carry through to the gradebook if that user has been assigned the Moderator role?

I understand that it's a bit silly to give one user a student AND a moderator role, but that's what happens when there isn't effective communication...!

This all happened on a Windows based instance of Moodle 1.9.6+.

I also tried removing the Moderator role assignment so that the user has only the Student role, but the quiz grade still doesn't appear in the gradebook.

Is this the expected behaviour?

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

Re: Moderator quiz results in gradebook

by Alan Ball -

We found that people who had any role higher than student weren't able to take a test... our administrative staff had non-editing teacher rights at a system level to check on enrolments & completion, and had long (100 question) tests in a required internal course not save.

Once we removed their rights and had them re-take the test (we have a big enough bank that we could shuffle questions) it would save.

So our solution was remove the moderator/higher than student role (check at a system/category role too to make sure they don't have them there) and have them re-do the quiz.

In reply to Alan Ball

Re: Moderator quiz results in gradebook

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Mary Cooch suggested a better solution here. You need to override the permissions on the quiz:
1) give the non-editing teachers permission to attempt the quiz and
2) prevent them from previewing the quiz.