New e-peen script! Er, I mean, system performance analyser

Re: New e-peen script! Er, I mean, system performance analyser

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I've been having fun playing with both versions trying to improve my Moodle classroom performance (my son hates it because I'm creating too much network traffic here at home so that he can't play WOW smile). The one on github right now shows my server can handle 5.48 actual requests versus 3.02 shown by the one listed up above.

This is on an ASUS Mobo with Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.6 GHz with 8GB DDR2 mem. From just watching the server across the room, I think a limiting factor right at the moment is that  my server is using one SATA drive. It shows constant activity as long as the test is running. mixed

I think I will try moving to a used 1U server I just acquired last week...SCSI should improve things I think. I will even try it on my little Zotac backup server and see what it can handle.

Both tests are using Moodle internal cache, Extra PHP mem 512M, Int cache max 100, statistics off, mysql max_allowed_packet=4M, innodb_buffer_pool_size=4GB.

Version from github:

v1

Version from message above:

v2