Remote Enrolments in Moodle 2.0

Remote Enrolments in Moodle 2.0

by Tim Gildersleeve -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

Im sorry if this is covered already - I have had a search but couldnt find it - maybe its hidden amongst the more technical developer issues.

Im currently playing with Mnet with the idea of phasing in Moodle 2.0 to SOME of our lecturers who may want the extra features.  We are not prepared (yet) to go to Moodle 2.0 upon release due to the changes in the file management etc.

The current situation I have is.....

One server that students can log into that has links in the network block to another moodle 1.9 server and a moodle 2.0 server.... this all works well.....

On the moodle 1.9 server I can go into courses, enrolements and set which courses (or all courses) that are available for remote enrolment.   From my hub moodle, I can then enrol my "hub" students onto that remote course.  Great!  Works well, and the remote courses show up in the students list of courses.  Awesome!

On the moodle 2.0 server, I cant find out where or how to select which courses to make available for remote enrolment.  Its certainly not in the same place as it is in Moodle 1.9.

Does this work totally differently in Moodle 2.0?  Is there somewhere else I can select which courses to make available for remote enrolment, or is that concept now totally gone in Moodle 2.0?

Any help on this would be really appreciated.  Being able to "break out" of our default Moodle 1.9 installation for those courses that require the extra features of Moodle 2.0 would be very useful for us next year.

Regards

Tim Gildersleeve

VLE Developer, Bradford College

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Gildersleeve

Re: Remote Enrolments in Moodle 2.0

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In 2.0, you have to create instance of MNet remote enrolment plugin in every course you want to open for your peer servers. Unfortunately there is no way yet how to create instance of the plugin in many courses at once but that will be added.
In reply to Tim Gildersleeve

Re: Remote Enrolments in Moodle 2.0

by John Andrewartha -

That's simple, networking is enabled in the main set up page on M2.  Do a admin search for network.   After that it has the same behaviour as M1.9*...

John