Multiple authentication options.

Multiple authentication options.

by gunna hafta -
Number of replies: 1

Im very new to Moodle so please excuse me.  Im trying to find if I can use mroe than one authentication method at once.  Specifically I want a single moodle instance.  But users logging in could will be fmo one of two possible LDAP directories.  The idea is i dont wnat to have to have 2 Moodle systems each with the same content to be able to support 2 seperate authentication sources.

Could I maybe do the same thing but one is NTLM and one is LDAP?  Or maybe even 2 NTLM?  I just need to know if I can have to possible authentication directories for a singel Moodle.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to gunna hafta

Re: Multiple authentication options.

by Aaron Johnson -

We ended up needing a similar setup on our moodle site which we run v1.9.9 and I followed this guide to setup LDAP and Active Directory authentication:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=74279

Basically all you are doing is creating a second LDAP plugin in moodle. There are quite a few people on this above post who seem to run into problems but I just did exactly what was being described and found it to work quite well. If you have any other questions on how to do this I'd be glad to help.

acjohnson [at] pcdomain [dot] com