Some test results for the module

Some test results for the module

by Amir Elion -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I did some testing with the module's new features (related to moving between states), and got the following results. I can add them to tracker but wanted to make sure these are bugs and not features that have not yet been implemented:

Things that do work:

• When a session is deleted - signed-up attendees get a cancellation message.
  • When a session is changed from wait-listed to a session with a date - a message is sent to signed up students with the new set date/s.
  • When a session is changed from set date to wait-listed (may happen if the date has been "frozen" or new date is still unknown and you don't want to "delete" the session). Attendees get a message that confirms that they are now registered to the wait-list. Suggestions - moving from set date to wait-lisetd - there should be a special notice saying that session has been changed from set date to wait-listed + there should be a cancellation for the outlook meetings of the dates that are now not set.
  • In all these cases + also in the case described below that have other notification problems  the calendar events are updated/added/moved/deleted perfectly.

Things that do not work:

• When there is a session, and it is changed in any of the following ways, participants do not get an email message and/or meeting cancellations or updates:
    • One or more of the session dates is changed and updated session is saved.
    • One or more of the session dates is deleted and updated session is saved.
    • One or more of the session dates is added and updated session is saved.

Can someone else try running these scenarios on their installation so that we make sure this is not just on mine?

Amir

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Amir Elion

Re: Some test results for the module

by Aaron Barnes -

Hi Amir,

Thank you for taking the time to do some thorough testing smile Indeed, the problems regarding changing the date are the result not yet implementing checks.

There was some talk here of perhaps locking session dates/times once bookings had been accepted - this would make the problems you describe non-issues. I'm just not sure if that would conflict with how people use the module.

Thanks again,
Aaron

In reply to Aaron Barnes

Re: Some test results for the module

by Amir Elion -

We definitely have cases in which we need to change dates when people are already signed-up. Things happen in "Real-Life" such as trainers getting sick or other circumstances that call for changing dates of training.

I don't really see the point of "Locking" session dates when someone signed up - if you don't want to do it, simply look if people are already booked and don't change the dates then...

At the moment the workaround to get the functionality of updating session dates I use is:

1. Export the signed-up list to excel.
  2. Remove users from being signed up - using "Add/Remove attendees" (this sends them the cancellation of dates).
  3. Change the dates with no one registered.
  4. Add the users again to the updated session (using the excel list to manually search for user 1 by 1) - this sends them the updated session dates and calender invitations.

Obviously, automating this is much preferred.

Amir