How to use the attendance plugin?

How to use the attendance plugin?

by Steve Luxton -
Number of replies: 1

I have not yet attempted to use the Plug-in because it has not been installed on the server that runs Moodle. However If someone could explain to me how it works, what its possible functions are, the positivies and the negatives to me before I push for it to be installed on my schools network that would be greatly appreciated thanks a lot- Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Luxton

Re: How to use the attendance plugin?

by Ben McLuckie -

The current version of Attendence is completely configurable ... you can set it up for just about any kind of daily record keeping you want. I am a face-to-face classroom teacher who uses Moodle. For my afterschool robotics club I use it for basic attendance as-is. For my CTE and project-based courses, I use it to record a daily employability grade for each student. For my math and science classes I use it to record daily attendance, participation points, and behaviors all-in-one. Lots of flexibility. One gotcha: I like to use a clear "description" for my variables so the students can understand what I am marking - the "My Settings" form only allows you to input about 7 characters, so I have to make a quick trip to the MySQL database and add my final words. But this only needs to be done once setting up each course - all the reporting automatically shows the full description.