nanogong activity problems in moodle version 1.9.9

nanogong activity problems in moodle version 1.9.9

by eda karacelebi -
Number of replies: 13

hello everyone, I have the moodle version 1.9.9. I installed nanogong version 4 two days ago and I did every steps in the installation page of nanogong again ang again.. I updated weblib.php... I did everything but still I have problems.. When I click on "add sound" button on my toolbar, a small windows come but there arent any buttons on this window.. I mean I cant see the nanogong player buttons. Furthermore when I add a caption on this window and click on OK, nothing happens.. There are some problems.. Can you please help me..üzgün

Average of ratings: -
In reply to eda karacelebi

Re: nanogong activity problems in moodle version 1.9.9

by Bob Puffer -

After many, many attempts by ourselves and a lot of different schools with which we're affiliated we concluded that Nanogong was too much for us -- we could not get it to work consistently with Moodle.

In reply to Bob Puffer

Re: nanogong activity problems in moodle version 1.9.9

by Norbert Berger -

Hi Bob and Eda,

I am sorry you are having problems with Nanogong. I have been using it successfully in Moodle 1.8.x (with problems in blogs and wikis only) and recently upgraded to Moodle 1.9.9. then 1.9.10. Everything now works beautifully.

I would love to help if possible. Do send me a pm: perhaps we can find a way so I can look at details of our installation and perhaps suggest or implement a solution.

Norbert G. Berger

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Norbert Berger

Ynt: Re: nanogong activity problems in moodle version 1.9.9

by eda karacelebi -

Thank you so much Norbert, I reallt want to use nangong because in speaking homework, I cant find a better solution.

I suppose that my problem is about my htmlarea editor. I installed the version 1.9.7 and changed the code in weblib.php but it didnt work. Can you tell me how did you install the htmlarea? Did you do different things from the installation page of nanogong?

Secondly, I discovered a new problem. When I change the code in weblib.php file, I had some problems.. I cant see the users page.. So I again change the code, and now I have a working moodle.

I reallt wonder how do you install a working nanogong activity in moodle version 1.9.9 and again thanks a lot for give me hopesmile

In reply to eda karacelebi

nanogong activity files for moodle version 1.9.9

by Norbert Berger -

Hi,

I will send you a zip file to download the bits for Moodle 1.9.9. I don't want to post the files here, as I am not sure this is permitted.  You'll get a pm from me soon.

Norbert

Re: nanogong activity files for moodle version 1.9.9

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Norbert. Please include me.

My emails:

frankie@stamford.edu.my

boonsengkam@gmail.com

After many hours after my bedtime, I managed to get it to "work".

The speaker icon appears on the icons ribbon, all the record, play and stop buttons appear, I can even playback and listen to my voice,

BUT

when I click save, I can only see my text. No sound is saved to the webpage.

Also my caption is frozen - can't edit. Kindly send the files to me too as I have lost enough sleep as it is.

wink Frankie Kam, Malaysia (so close yet so far....)

by Frankie Kam -

I forgot to mention that I'm using Moodle 1.9.9.

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Norbert Berger -

Hi, I sent you details in a pm

by Frankie Kam -

Hi Norbert thanks for the PM.

by Rij Blr -

Hi Norbert,

How difficult is it to make it work in moodle 2.0.

Thanks,
Rij

In reply to Rij Blr

by Norbert Berger -

Difficult to say at this stage. Still experimenting. Will keep you posted of any progress I make.

At least we have a zip file with all the nanogong stuff for Moodle 1.9.10 and Glenys has just created an illustrated set of instructions for installations. PM if required. Want to get in touch with Gibson and Co to see if they want it on their site.

Norbert

by harsh desai -

Hi Norbert,

Nanogong works for us. But there have been a few bugs identified. I am trying to check if you have seen such behavior at your end.

- The sound icon when clicked in forum messages throws an exception in a popout. "Enable to establish a connection with the server"

This seems like a java exception, however it comes across only when logged in as a student, not as an admin.

Any insights?

thanks

harsh

In reply to harsh desai

by Norbert Berger -

Hi Harsh,

Can you send me a link plus perhaps access in a pm, so I can check? Which browsers are being used, and which version of Java is installed?

Norbert

Ynt: Re: nanogong activity problems in moodle version 1.9.9

by eda karacelebi -

I want to tell everybody that I have a working nanogong module installed on my moodle version 1.9.9. This is because of Norbert. With the help of him, I realized that my problem is about Java program. If anyone has a problem in nanogong installation to moodle 19.9 and cant see the record buttons, please try to install Java.

Thank you very very very much for your helps Norbert!!