Windows server: Moodle LDAP settings on Windows 2008 server

Windows server: Moodle LDAP settings on Windows 2008 server

by john barnett -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, when attempting to log into my new install with an Active Directory user account, I receive, "LDAP-module cannot connect to any servers: Server: 'ldap://192.168.10.10' Connection: 'Resource id #52' Bind result: '' 

I've googled and moodled for days trying to find a solution (including modification of http.conf).  I confirmed the account I'm using to query LDAP is authorized (LDP.exe tool).  Do I need to load another module?  I am running the Bitnami Moodle stack 1.9.9.0 (includes Apache 2).  http://bitnami.org/stack/moodle  The moodle install itself seems fine.  Thanks.

JB

Average of ratings: -
In reply to john barnett

Re: Windows server: Moodle LDAP settings on Windows 2008 server

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Have you checked that the AD bind user password has not expired and is correct?

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by john barnett -

Hi Luis.  Yes.  I also used LDP.exe to test the account and even tried it with a Domain Admin account (both passwords set to never expire).

In reply to john barnett

by Stephen Bloomer -

How have you detailed your username for the ldap connection.  I use username@domain.local.  Did not work when I used domain\username

In reply to Stephen Bloomer

by john barnett -

Hi Stephen.  Sorry I missed your message.  Are you referring to Moodle LDAP settings (Distinguished name)?  Or are you referring to the user login.

I think that LDAP settings need to be in this format: 'cn=ldapuser,ou=public,o=org'

I tried username@domain.local - no go yet smile  Below is the section for Bind settings.  Thanks.

Bind settings

Hide passwords No Yes Select yes to prevent passwords from being stored in Moodle's DB.
Distinguished Name If you want to use bind-user to search users, specify it here. Something like 'cn=ldapuser,ou=public,o=org'
Password Password for bind-user.