Autolinks to a glossary entry not working in email version of forum posts

Autolinks to a glossary entry not working in email version of forum posts

yazan Peter Evans -
Yanıt sayısı: 2

First, congratulations to all for getting Moodle.org onto Moodle 2.

My moodle site uses glossary entries quite a bit to provide autolinked help. And it all works very well as long as the page is within the Moodle site. BUT if the autolink is in a discussion forum that is mailed the autolink does not work as the link is relative to the root of the current server e.g.

the <a href="../glossary/showentry.php?courseid=2&concept=How+can+I+use"
title="Frequently Asked Questions: How can I use"
class="glossary autolink glossaryid1">eMarking Assistant Support centre</a>.

If the link was absolute e..g.

<a href='http://www.emarkingassistant.com/community/mod/glossary/showentry.php?courseid=2&eid=2&displayformat=dictionary">

it would work anywhere which I think would be MUCH better.

Do others agree? If so reply here and I will enter a tracker item. Does anyone have a workaround? Or a good reason for Moodle to generate them as relative links.

Peter

Peter Evans yanıt olarak

Re: Autolinks to a glossary entry not working in email version of forum posts

yazan Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers 'ın resmi Particularly helpful Moodlers 'ın resmi Plugin developers 'ın resmi Testers 'ın resmi Translators 'ın resmi

Hi Peter,

You are mentioning Moodle 2 in your post. Does this mean that the problem you are describing happens on a 2.0 moodle site OR a 1.9.x site?

Joseph

Joseph Rézeau yanıt olarak

FF is changing Absolute links to a page in the containing site to relative links

yazan Peter Evans -

When you paste an absolute link to a Moodle page (e.g. a forum post) into the HTML editor in FF, the link is changed to a relative link.

This is fine when you are in the site but if the forum post is emailed then the link breaks ... this is very frustrating

The problem is fully described at

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=22065#p722325