recording of web conferencing

recording of web conferencing

by Hansruedi (Lori) Lorenz -
Number of replies: 3

Not all web conferencing tools offer free recording of sessions. Would anybody know a recording program to record a training session (voice of both trainer and students, white board activities and powerpoint presentations). I have tried the open source Camstudio, but was not successful. (But then, I am a bit clumsy with these things)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hansruedi (Lori) Lorenz

Re: recording of web conferencing

by John Andrewartha -

There are a number of useful third party AV conferancing software that work well with Moodle.

My preferance is OpenMeetings, there is a Moodle module so you can intergrate it into a course as a activity. It requires it's own server and used Flash but it has some advantages.

The Next is Big Blue Button, same as above for Moodle slightly different features.

Both allow recording and playback, both are well supported, both Open Source.

Google them I know Openmeeting has a demo in Moodle to play with.  The extra is you can now give better support for Distance Ed students.

John

In reply to John Andrewartha

by Dmitriy Semenov -

Where you see recording and playback in BigBlueButton?

In reply to Dmitriy Semenov

by John Andrewartha -

Being even handed I included BBB as a option.  I assumed that after all the huffing and puffing that has gone into the project it would have a recording facility.   Apparently not!