New Marking Period Gradebook

New Marking Period Gradebook

by Dave Gelber -
Number of replies: 1

I teach in a high school and we have four marking periods.  I am getting ready to start the second marking period and would like to use the Gradebook in Moodle again.  My quesiton is, when I open gradebook my 1st Marking Period grades appear.  Is it possible to have a separate gradebook within my course for the 2nd Marking Period?  I'd like to keep all of the 1st Markign Period Grades separate from my 2nd Marking Period Grades.

Do I have to erase my 1st Marking Period Grades in order to make this a possibility?  

Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprecaited.

Like usual, thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave

In reply to Dave Gelber

Re: New Marking Period Gradebook

by Michael Woods -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Dave,

Are you aware of categories in the gradebook? You could divide yours up into the 4 marking periods (1 period = 1 category). If each category builds on each other to form a total course grade, then set the course aggregation to be Mean of Grades, or Simple Weighted Mean. However, if you want the course total to only reflect the total for the current grading period, set the aggregation to Weighted Mean of Grades, then set the current period category to be worth 100% of the course, setting the other (non-current) periods to be worth 0%. You would have to fix the weightings on the roll-over of each grading period, always making the current period worth 100% of the course grade.

Hope this helps.

Michael