Students not seeing other submissions

Students not seeing other submissions

by Brian Koontz -
Number of replies: 3
I had to try this module out on my own before expecting my students to understand what is going on.  I've been switching back and forth between two users.  Each makes a submission, but neither one sees the other's assignment for assessment.  I set # of student submissions in the workshop admin screen to 20 to ensure that something showed up.  But neither user sees the other's work.  What did I miss?

Also, do the students know whose work they're assessing (other than the teacher's)?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Koontz

Re: Students not seeing other submissions

by Gustav W Delius -

Submissions are only made available for assessment after the editing period has ended. Perhaps you simply did not wait long enough?

Peer marking is done anonymously, the students do not know whose work they are assessing.

In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Brian Koontz -
Fair enough...changing the deadline to a date in the past allows for student assessment, thanks!  But, do the students have an opportunity to see other students'  assessment on their work?  The area under "Your Assessments" is empty, even though they've received a student assessment.  (The assessments do show up under in the "Final Grade" phase, though.)

Also, I'm confused about the overlap between the "Student Submissions," "Student Submissions and Assessments," and "Student Assessments" phases.  Why three distinct phases?  Can some of these phases be skipped?  I'm just trying to make sure I'm using the Workshop as it was intended to be used!

One more question:  How do you all keep students "in the loop" as far as making sure they continue to revisit the workshop to do the things that are required of them?  For instance, let's say I place a workshop in Week 4.  A student makes a submission.  When do they know it's time to revisit and make assessments?  Do they just keep trying until that phase is enabled?

If there is some documentation that covers all of these questions, please point me to it!  (I've checked out Matt's overview, and have clicked on every ? icon in the Workship module.)  I think this is something I can use, but if I can't understand it, how can I explain it to my students?
In reply to Brian Koontz

by Brian Koontz -
It looks like most of my questions have been resolved with Gustav's recent Workshop interface update.  Highly recommended if you found the original interface confusing and somewhat abstract.