view each other's images

view each other's images

by real ben -
Number of replies: 5

hello,

my students are uploading several ,jpegs as an assignment.

i would like them to see each other's images but not to see the grades.

is it possible?

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to real ben

Re: view each other's images

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you using an assignment type activity? Because if you are then they won't be able to see each other's images; their "work" is private to you. If you use a forum or a database for them to upload their images then you can grade them still but the students can see each others' images.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by real ben -

thanks!

and is it possible to transform all the images I recieved as an assignment already to a database?

thanks

In reply to real ben

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well not at the push of a button, no; you'd have to do it manually - but why  not ask the students very nicely to reupload?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by real ben -

thanks

if i'll do it manually, is there a way to keep the student's name near the image. and what' sthe best way to do it?

or, i'll put it in another way, if the student uploads images to a database, does his/her name is visible to all of the students while viewing?

thanks

In reply to real ben

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Real,

Did you consider using the database activity module instead of the assignment module? You can start with separate groups if you want to keep all images hidden from other students and change the set up after grading. Grading can be done in an offline assignment. In the database activity module students could also comment on other images if you like this. In the database for databases I found "imagegallery_with_rss_comment_grades."

With kind regards,

Hartmut