gradebook column width and css related questions

gradebook column width and css related questions

by Kyriakos Terzopoulos -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Translators

Hi,

i'm using moodle (1.9.9) for a while now for testing purposes and i have setup some courses, and student groups to play with.

One thing that bugs me is that the gradebook column width is too large, due to the course titles showing in the column header.

A small hack i did is to override the .heading_name_row th css property in your custom theme like this:

(put this in your main theme css - i'm using the aardvark theme so i inserted this after the end of aardvark.css

/* GRADEBOOK HACK */
.heading_name_row th span {
white-space:normal;
}

but I was looking for a more elegant solution so i wanted to ask if anyone has managed to solve this issue using css or PHP/GD to output the exercise title vertically?

Thanks a million and keep up the good work guys

In reply to Kyriakos Terzopoulos

Re: gradebook column width and css related questions

by Bob Puffer -

With the laegrader report we wrapped the title at whitespace inside of 30 characters.  I've messed around quite a bit with rotated text and could not find a reliable means by which to make it cross-browser compatible.

In reply to Bob Puffer

Re: gradebook column width and css related questions

by Robert Russo -

The easiest way is to (in php) count the chars of the name and add a flyout ... after N chars. Thats should work everywhere.

That said, we haven't done this yet. We're probably going to incorporate a version of Miley's read only report with ferpa restrictions and quick edit integration as a tighter and faster way to view and edit grades.

I was going to assign our new developer to this project, but Steve and his group beat us to the punch.