Patch to let teachers see student "submissions" quickly when viewing recent activity for assignments

Patch to let teachers see student "submissions" quickly when viewing recent activity for assignments

by Gary Anderson -
Number of replies: 2

When I give a daily assignment, I ask students to reflect on how they did, report any problems that they had, and let me know things they would like more to be covered in more depth.  They put this in their assignment submission.

This simple patch allows that submission to appear in the recent activity report that I can see just before starting class, and as a result, I can adjust my lesson to meet the needs of my students.  Without this patch, I would need to open each assignment activity individually, often needing to repeat the process to account for the latest work.

This addition improves my teaching and makes me more responsive to my students.  I hope you also find it helpful.

Enjoy!

--Gary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gary Anderson

Re: Patch to let teachers see student "submissions" quickly when viewing recent activity for assignments

by Hal Bracken -

I really like this.  Will you also be making a patch for the next version of moodle?