No page when trying to usePREG question type

No page when trying to usePREG question type

написао/ла Luis Vázquez de Lara -
Број одговора: 5

I just downloaded the PGREG question Type of Oleg Sychev. I used the last zip file from http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-2234 ( preg2010-09-15.zip (587 kB)). I unzipped to the moodle/question/type directory. It appears in the menu of questions with the name "Regular expression" but when I click it it shows a blank web page with an error message saying that the web site can't show the page. I'm using version Moodle 1.9.4 (Build: 20090128)
In the notification section it appeared a message that something needed updating. I clicked on the continue button, but I can't use PREG eithe.

У одговору на Luis Vázquez de Lara

Re: No page when trying to usePREG question type

написао/ла Tim Hunt -
Слика Core developers Слика Documentation writers Слика Particularly helpful Moodlers Слика Peer reviewers Слика Plugin developers

Whenever you see a blank page and want to work out that is going in, turn on Debugging.

У одговору на Tim Hunt

написао/ла Luis Vázquez de Lara -

Thank you for the advice. I did so and the error message is the following:

Fatal error: Class 'moodle_exception' not found in /usr/share/moodle/question/type/preg/preg_exception.php on line 15.

What does this mean? Can I do something to fix it?

Thanks again

У одговору на Luis Vázquez de Lara

написао/ла Joseph Rézeau -
Слика Core developers Слика Particularly helpful Moodlers Слика Plugin developers Слика Testers Слика Translators

Hi Luis,

The PREG question type not being part of regular moodle distribution and being still under development, I suggest you report any problems in the relevant bug tracker thread CONTRIB-2234.

Joseph