No page when trying to usePREG question type

No page when trying to usePREG question type

Luis Vázquez de Lara - ން
Number of replies: 5

I just downloaded the PGREG question Type of Oleg Sychev. I used the last zip file from http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-2234 ( preg2010-09-15.zip (587 kB)). I unzipped to the moodle/question/type directory. It appears in the menu of questions with the name "Regular expression" but when I click it it shows a blank web page with an error message saying that the web site can't show the page. I'm using version Moodle 1.9.4 (Build: 20090128)
In the notification section it appeared a message that something needed updating. I clicked on the continue button, but I can't use PREG eithe.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Vázquez de Lara

Re: No page when trying to usePREG question type

Tim Hunt - ން
ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ

Whenever you see a blank page and want to work out that is going in, turn on Debugging.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Luis Vázquez de Lara - ން

Thank you for the advice. I did so and the error message is the following:

Fatal error: Class 'moodle_exception' not found in /usr/share/moodle/question/type/preg/preg_exception.php on line 15.

What does this mean? Can I do something to fix it?

Thanks again

Tim Hunt - ން
ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ

That looks like some Moodle 2.0 code. Indeed, if you look at the bug, you will see that they are developing this question type for Moodle 2.0.

Joseph Rézeau - ން
ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ ފޮޓޯ

Hi Luis,

The PREG question type not being part of regular moodle distribution and being still under development, I suggest you report any problems in the relevant bug tracker thread CONTRIB-2234.

Joseph