No page when trying to usePREG question type

No page when trying to usePREG question type

autor Luis Vázquez de Lara -
Počet odpovědí: 5

I just downloaded the PGREG question Type of Oleg Sychev. I used the last zip file from http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-2234 ( preg2010-09-15.zip (587 kB)). I unzipped to the moodle/question/type directory. It appears in the menu of questions with the name "Regular expression" but when I click it it shows a blank web page with an error message saying that the web site can't show the page. I'm using version Moodle 1.9.4 (Build: 20090128)
In the notification section it appeared a message that something needed updating. I clicked on the continue button, but I can't use PREG eithe.

Průměr hodnocení: -
V odpovědi na Luis Vázquez de Lara

Re: No page when trying to usePREG question type

autor Tim Hunt -
Obrázek: Core developers Obrázek: Documentation writers Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Peer reviewers Obrázek: Plugin developers

Whenever you see a blank page and want to work out that is going in, turn on Debugging.

V odpovědi na Tim Hunt

autor Luis Vázquez de Lara -

Thank you for the advice. I did so and the error message is the following:

Fatal error: Class 'moodle_exception' not found in /usr/share/moodle/question/type/preg/preg_exception.php on line 15.

What does this mean? Can I do something to fix it?

Thanks again

autor Tim Hunt -
Obrázek: Core developers Obrázek: Documentation writers Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Peer reviewers Obrázek: Plugin developers

That looks like some Moodle 2.0 code. Indeed, if you look at the bug, you will see that they are developing this question type for Moodle 2.0.

autor Joseph Rézeau -
Obrázek: Core developers Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Plugin developers Obrázek: Testers Obrázek: Translators

Hi Luis,

The PREG question type not being part of regular moodle distribution and being still under development, I suggest you report any problems in the relevant bug tracker thread CONTRIB-2234.

Joseph