Moodle Repositories

Moodle Repositories

by Sage Adams -
Number of replies: 3

I tried looking in the FAQ and doing a search but I couldn't find the answer to my question...sorry.

I'm wondering, what sort of file repositories are available within Moodle 1.9 (and 2.0 too, as we might move to that system soon). Specifically, we're looking for a convenient place within Moodle where faculty can store all their files (documents, images, videos, audios, presentations, etc.).

Does such exist?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sage Adams

Re: Moodle Repositories

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sage,

Repositories are a new feature in Moodle 2.0, however if you browse this forum you'll come across various solutions for Moodle 1.9.

I guess you've come across Repositories which lists possible external repositories. Regarding a place within Moodle, I suggest you consider a file system repository.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Sage Adams -

Thanks Helen,

Do you know if the file system repository feature in Moodle 1.9 allows for tagging?

Or if Moodle 2.0 repositories allow for tagging?

In reply to Sage Adams

by Sage Adams -

Also wondering when the expected availability for using these awesome new repositories in 2.0 will be?

We'd like to develop some sort of digital asset management system for our instance of Moodle, depending on when these repository features are available in 2.0.

So I guess a third question would be, what are the preferred asset management systems for use with Moodle that allow tagging?