Moodle vs EKP?

Moodle vs EKP?

by Christopher Pappas -
Number of replies: 6

Hi guys,

I will very much appreciate if you give me a TOP 5 of reasons why to use MOODLE instead of NetDimensions Enterprise Learning Management System (EKP).

I will very much appreciate your info. If you know any site that compares Moodle and EKP please let me know.

Have a wonderful day,

Christopher Pappas
@cpappas

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Christopher Pappas

Re: Moodle vs EKP?

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Christopher,

Maybe if you told us what you want your Learning Management System to do we could be more helpful. We could tell you whether or not Moodle will do that.

Then you could ask the same questions on a NetDimensions Enterprise Learning Management System (EKP) forum and compare the answers you get.

No LMS is right for everybody everywhere.

Cheers,

Glenys

Average of ratings: Cool (1)

by ben reynolds -

Hi,

Here are two sites that compare CMSes.

http://www.cmsmatrix.org/

http://www.edutools.info/item_list.jsp?pj=4

Although Moodle appears on the edutools list, EKP doesn't appear on either. And, the cmsmatrix site is rather large.

My top One reason to use Moodle rather than any proprietary system is that I can get my content back out of it with relative ease and put it in another system, should the need arise (which I doubt will happen any time soon).

Average of ratings: Fairly cool (1)

by Paul Jacobson -

Hi Christopher - the ease of conducting this dialogue is one of the primary reasons that I have for being with Moodle. It's a community of practice!

I'm making no further comparison because when I went to the EKP website, all I got was spin: no examples of application; and not a hint of performance, knowledge and learning that is so accessible in the Moodle world.

Average of ratings: Cool (2)

by ELearning Consultant -

See what an any LMS can help achieve or falling short of expectations depends on a few factors

a) Critical Learning Needs

b) Target Audience (Large corporate enterprises/ SME enterprises or SMB and Individual Learners).

b) Budget / Costs

c) Size of the Learning Management Solution (relates to the size of the no of Users to manage the training (eg: 1 to 200  or 1 - 1000 or 1 - 10000 )

d) Kind of Learning to manage  (Classroom or Online or Blended etc..)

e) Software and Hardware Restrictions/constraints

f) Security and Intergration of LMS with other Learning sytems

LMS's like SABA, SUM TOTAL , even EKP are built with the enterprise corporate Learning in mind whereas Open Sourced Software like even Moodle give you flexibility but may not have the professional and enterprise Corporate Solution MNC's and Large Corporates look forward to. Elements like ease of Intergration of data and applications from and to the LMS, Security and Encryption features are anyday better of in hard core R&D LMS solutions like EKP.