assignment module causing problem with CRON

assignment module causing problem with CRON

by Pambo Palas -
Number of replies: 1

Hi there,

Im relatively new to developing in moodle. The problem I am having is quite a strange one and I dont know where to start looking. Basically the CRON job that is set to run every 5 minutes does not complete and is stuck at the assignment-cron :

Starting activity modules
Processing module function assignment_cron ...

I am not sure what may be causing this.. I assume that this may have something to do with the grading? I know this is very vague and not very helpful, but if anyone has any idea about where to start looking to fix the problem please let me know!!

Many thanks,

Pambo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pambo Palas

Re: assignment module causing problem with CRON

by Ian Williams -

The aqssignment module on my site is causing the cron process to stop.

Having turned on error reporting, the following errors are recorded multiple times:

Checking assignment module for additions.

Notice:  Undefined variable: assignment in /var/www/vle.cove.hants.sch.uk/htdocs/search/documents/assignment_document.php on line 232

After multiple lines of the above, the following is output:

Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/vle.cove.hants.sch.uk/htdocs/search/documents/assignment_document.php on line 232

Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/vle.cove.hants.sch.uk/htdocs/search/documents/data_document.php on line 283

Table 'cove_vle.mdl_search_document' doesn't exist

SELECT title FROM mdl_search_document WHERE docid IS NULL AND itemtype = 'record'
·         line 686 of lib/dmllib.php: call to debugging()
·         line 1134 of lib/dmllib.php: call to get_recordset_sql()
·         line 1098 of lib/dmllib.php: call to get_field_sql()
·         line 283 of search/documents/data_document.php: call to get_field()
·         line 120 of search/add.php: call to data_single_document()
·         line 20 of search/cron_php5.php: call to require_once()
·         line 25 of search/cron.php: call to include()
·         line 83 of blocks/search/block_search.php: call to include()

line 148 of admin/cron.php: call to block_search->cron()

Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/vle.cove.hants.sch.uk/htdocs/search/documents/assignment_document.php on line 234

After a number of repeats of very similar text to the above, I receive:

Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in /var/www/vle.cove.hants.sch.uk/htdocs/search/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File.php on line 269

Please has anyone got any clues as to what is going wrong.

My moodle installation has just been updated to version 1.9.10, which did not solve the problem which goes back to July this year.