Random Glossary Entry for Front Page

Random Glossary Entry for Front Page

- Frank Park の投稿
返信数: 4

Correct me if I am wrong.

I go into any course.  I make a Glossary.  In the settings for the Glossary, I check the box "Is this glossary global?" (YES).  Glossary Type is set to Main glossary.   I press save a return to course.

Now, I go into the main front page of my moodle site.  There, it displayes a list of all my Courses and Course Categories.  I click on the right tool bar "Blocks", Add Random Glossary Entry.  I then press Configure for the Random Glossary Entry.  For the "Take entries from this glossary:", I should be able to see my Glossary I originally made in my other course.  But I only see "choose..."

I read on this forum some problems similar to this.  Some of the solutions were to either install a patch, or make a glossary on the front page.

I dont understand how I could creat a glossary module on the front page.  It doesnt have that ability.  Does anyone have a clear cut way to make this work?  Technically what I have done should have let me choose a Glossary, but it doesnt.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Frank Park への返信

Re: Random Glossary Entry for Front Page

- Mary Cooch の投稿
画像 Documentation writers 画像 Moodle HQ 画像 Particularly helpful Moodlers 画像 Testers 画像 Translators

If you turn on the editing on the front page and then click add block there is a block called Main Menu that enables you to add resources/activities there -so you could add a glossary that way if you wanted to.

Mary Cooch への返信

Re: Random Glossary Entry for Front Page

- Erin Gibbs の投稿

I'm having the same problem that Frank was having but your solution didn't work out so well for me. Main Menu doesn't exist as a block to be added on the front page. I was able to use Activities but all that allows is a General Forum?