Random Glossary Entry for Front Page

Random Glossary Entry for Front Page

autor Frank Park -
Počet odpovědí: 4

Correct me if I am wrong.

I go into any course.  I make a Glossary.  In the settings for the Glossary, I check the box "Is this glossary global?" (YES).  Glossary Type is set to Main glossary.   I press save a return to course.

Now, I go into the main front page of my moodle site.  There, it displayes a list of all my Courses and Course Categories.  I click on the right tool bar "Blocks", Add Random Glossary Entry.  I then press Configure for the Random Glossary Entry.  For the "Take entries from this glossary:", I should be able to see my Glossary I originally made in my other course.  But I only see "choose..."

I read on this forum some problems similar to this.  Some of the solutions were to either install a patch, or make a glossary on the front page.

I dont understand how I could creat a glossary module on the front page.  It doesnt have that ability.  Does anyone have a clear cut way to make this work?  Technically what I have done should have let me choose a Glossary, but it doesnt.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Průměr hodnocení: -
V odpovědi na Frank Park

Re: Random Glossary Entry for Front Page

autor Mary Cooch -
Obrázek: Documentation writers Obrázek: Moodle HQ Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Testers Obrázek: Translators

If you turn on the editing on the front page and then click add block there is a block called Main Menu that enables you to add resources/activities there -so you could add a glossary that way if you wanted to.

V odpovědi na Mary Cooch

autor Erin Gibbs -

I'm having the same problem that Frank was having but your solution didn't work out so well for me. Main Menu doesn't exist as a block to be added on the front page. I was able to use Activities but all that allows is a General Forum?

V odpovědi na Erin Gibbs

autor Joseph Rézeau -
Obrázek: Core developers Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Plugin developers Obrázek: Testers Obrázek: Translators

Erin, if you are logged in as Admin on your moodle site, you certainly can add a "Main Menu" block to the front page.

Joseph

Příloha 19-12-2010 09-37-00.jpg