Help Me Show the Generosity of the Moodle Community

Help Me Show the Generosity of the Moodle Community

by d morte -
Number of replies: 5

Over the past few years I've come to have a deep appreciation for the Moodle community. As a teacher and now Moodle administrator, I've found that there is a tremendous spirit of giving and sharing. While I've told many people about my experiences, I am now asking for a few people out "there" to share how you have experienced the community that is fostered by Moodle.

My application is specific: In about thirty-six hours from now, on Monday night from 6pm to 8pm EST, I will be leading six school districts in a kick-off event to start their use of Moodle. As an effort to demonstrate the power and generosity of the Moodle Community, I would like to show the teachers and tech directors at our meeting what can happen in less than two days time. Please consider making a short recording (audio/video) of yourself talking briefly about your own experiences with Moodle. I'm not looking for how-to videos, I'm looking for personal stories... How/Why is the Moodle community meaningful to you?

You can upload the video to youtube, teachertube, or somewhere else and post a link to the video (any format, any location, any size) here, or you can send the video to drewmortensen at gmail dot com.

I truly appreciate your help in showing others the collaboration that can occur!

(If anyone from around the world is available and would like to video conference in between 6pm  to 8pm EST and share your experience live, please contact me. We would love to hear your story. )

Average of ratings: -
In reply to d morte

Re: Help Me Show the Generosity of the Moodle Community

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ah! We're in the Lounge! Ok - well here is my video and I hope if I am not asleep to be around tomorrow

http://www.moodleblog.org/?m=201010

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by d morte -

@Mary,
What an absolutely wonderful video you created! I hope that you are not too tired tomorrow and will be able to make the VC. Please email me so that I can give you the details on how to connect.

@Deborah,
You may have silently submitted your testimony to my email, but I am publicly thanking your for your willingness to share your heart and story. Thank you!

@Buddy,
Gaining the perspective of a University Moodle Admin is a wonderful experience for K-12 teachers and technology directors. We need to hear how you operate to encourage us that our path is not one of isolation, but will take our students beyond the confines of their high school years.

@Anyone considering creating and sending: Please do! There is no magic in the production of a recording, but there is something transcendent in a shared experience. Please take the leap and the five minutes to record, post, and send.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -

Hi Drew,

I'm following Mary to say I'll just be getting home at 6 PM, but I can join you about 6:30 EST. I'm a Moodler at CTY Johns Hopkins, and our distance education students go down to grade 2.

In reply to d morte

by Paul Jacobson -

Hi Drew - at short notice, I'm offering a 30sec animation

In Business Studies at Polytechnic West, Perth WA, we identify each study group by an icon. It appears alongside participants in Forums and looks great.

http://static.animoto.com/swf/w.swf?w=swf/vp1&e=1287551628&f=3AjCQgshE01KcvKSMw5L9g&d=37&m=b&r=w

In anticipation of a great launch event, kind regards.