Can you sign-up for face-to-face without enrolling in the course?

Can you sign-up for face-to-face without enrolling in the course?

by Colleen Savory -
Number of replies: 4

I don't think my users will understand enrolling in a course, AND THEN having to sign up. Right now, if they don't enroll, they will receive a "Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (Sign-up for a session)" screen but it doesn't explain exactly what they should do. (which I discovered, was to enroll in the course first)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colleen Savory

Re: Can you sign-up for face-to-face without enrolling in the course?

by Amir Elion -

We had the same problem but it is easily solved with permissions.
I allowed guests on site-level permission to sign up to face-to-face sessions. This also automatically enrols them in the course as students.

In reply to Amir Elion

by Chris Roper -

Hi,

I have just tried this, and the guest is allowed to sign up for the face to face session, but is NOT enrolled onto the course.

I set the following to ALLOW in the course permissions

Sign-up for a session
mod/facetoface:signup

Should anything else be changed?

We are using Moodle 1.9.4+ (Build: 20090506)

In reply to Chris Roper

by Phil Everist -

I'm also trying to get this to work without success. I want an employee to be able to follow a link from an email or intranet to a face to face course activity (in a course the haven't enrolled in yet but offers guest access), view the details and if they sign up  for a session then they auto-enrol in the course as well .

the following is set for the Authenticated user role under Site Admin / Users / Permissions / Define Roles

Sign-up for a session

mod/facetoface:signup          Allow

The authenticated user  can see the details and click the signup  but aren't auto enrolled - is the auto enrol possible? (they do of course get prompted to enrol to add a discussion to a forum etc)

Moodle 2.3