Modify Grading Reports so Parents do not see Late Submission

Modify Grading Reports so Parents do not see Late Submission

by Richard Weiner -
Number of replies: 0

The vast majority, if not all assignments for our students at a small high school in Florida, are offline activity. Only 1 teacher, rarely, ever requested or required students to submit assignments online. Consequently, when teachers get around to entering grades (I understand it is still a PIA for teachers to complete grading of assignments in a prompt manner), it could be as much as 2-3 weeks after the assignment/test activity was completed. Consequently, when parents view their child's activity report, they might see that an assignment was submitted 3 weeks late. Not good!!!

I have searched the forums and cannot find any threads/posts explaining how to modify the Moodle settings so that such late grading does not result in a activity report reflecting 23 days, 15 days, etc., such that parents will not believe that their child turned in their assignment late. At the same time, our teachers find it extremely useful to have a due deadline setting on their assignments, so that students have no reason to argue that their assignment was not late.

I would appreciate any guidance from someone who has tackled this issue before, or may not have but knows how to adjust Moodle's settings to accomplish this goal.

Richard in South Florida

http://www.conservatoryprep.net

Average of ratings: -