Moodle 2.0 RC1 - Site news forum not visible to logged users

Moodle 2.0 RC1 - Site news forum not visible to logged users

by Andreas Gounaris -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm facing this strange problem with site news forum. Before logging in, a user can view the forum normally but after he logs in Site News are empty: "no news have been posted yet".

This situation occurs whatever the subscription method is (optional, forced etc). The weird thing is when I set it to optional and the user clicks "subscribe to this forum" he gets an error saying "Sorry, but you must be a group member to subscribe". I haven't configured anything on the group level, the group mode for the forum is set to "no groups" and front page role is "none".

Is this a bug on 2.0, or I'm doing something wrong here?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andreas Gounaris

Re: Moodle 2.0 RC1 - Site news forum not visible to logged users

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Andreas,

Just wondering whether your 2.0 RC1 site has been upgraded from 1.9 or whether it's a fresh install?

This used to be a problem in 1.9 (see 'Enabling logged-in users to view the site news' in News forum) however it should have been fixed in 2.0. I'm unable to reproduce the problem on the Moodle QA Testing site, even with the default front page role set to none.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Andreas Gounaris -

Hi Helen,

No, its a fresh installation. Remember when I had the installation timeout problem and you moved the discussion to Testing and QA? Well, what I did to overcome this was a clean install on my local machine, dump the DB (export) and imported on production sever. The same with moodledata directory, and finally, I changed the config.php putting the correct values.

Everything seems to work fine, except this. I'll have a look in the discussion you mention.

Thanks

In reply to Helen Foster

by Andreas Gounaris -

Hellen,

I did visit the roles of the front page, although its a little bit different from 1.9.x version. I tried to override the role "authenticated user on frontpage" from inherit to allow, nothing happened, I think it was already set anyway.

But when I override the role "authenticated user", then yes it worked.

Do you beleive this is the correct behavior? Anyway, I'm OK now, thanks a lot smile