Importing Manual Gradebook to a new class

Importing Manual Gradebook to a new class

by Greg Lunsford -
Number of replies: 4

How do I import a gradebook that I created manually into a class that i want to use the same grade book. It seems so time consuming to have to recreate the same grade book over and over when they are similiar. Although when I try to use the Admin>Import feature it will only allow grade book items created in the activities.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Greg

In reply to Greg Lunsford

Re: Importing Manual Gradebook to a new class

by Jaione Irisarri -

Hello Greg,

I asked a similar question in this forum this year earlier. The anwser I got was something like that:  "When you backup, you can choose what you want, so...  make a backup of just the gradebook and restore it in your course choosing the option "add to it" or something similar." (I don't remember the exactly words of the options)

When I did it... sometimes worked, sometimes didn't work, but I think it was probably because my grade book had too many items and categories!

I know the information I gave it wasn't accuratly but I hope it helps!

Good luck with it!

Jaione.

In reply to Greg Lunsford

by Bob Puffer -

These steps have provided repeated successsful results for me:

1. From the course, Administration->Backup
  2. Uncheck everything including user data, user files, course files, all activities, etc
  3. Make sure you set grade history to "yes" (its off by default)
  4. When you restore, make sure you have grade history at "yes" (again, its off by default)
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Greg Lunsford -

Thank You,

I followed your directions and it worked perfectly, just what I wanted to accomplish. Thanks for the quick response.

Greg

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Leecy Wise -

Still can't make it work for me. I want to import new categories and items into existing gradebooks. The steps did not replace the exisitng gradebook, unfortunately. Still hoping for new ideas. At this point, it appears that I have to manually enter all of the new items and categories while in the course. Ouch. Leecy