Assignment Late Work Improvements

Assignment Late Work Improvements

by Colin Matheson -
Number of replies: 1

While testing whether or not a teach can choose to allow late assignment submissions I noticed three things to improve the user experience:

1. Currently a teacher can create an assignment that is due before it is available (making it impossible for students to access)-the teacher should get a warning message. Maybe the available from date should be automatically disabled as the default if a teacher selects a due date before the available date.

2. If a student is making a late submission or visits an assignment after the due date that doesn't allow late submissions they should see a message "This assignment is past the due date" and either "and does not allow late submissions" or "and is allowing late work to be submitted." This will help remind a student why they can't submit OR that they are submitting late.

3. The number of days late (or at least some indicator of which assignments are late) should show up on the teacher view of all submitted assignments not just on the grading page.

Does any one else agree? If so I will create a tracker request for these changes.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colin Matheson

Re: Assignment Late Work Improvements

by Elena Ivanova -

I agree smile

(n #2: 'Advanced Uploading of files' does display the "No further submissions are allowed", but the rest seem not to do that)