Manually grading an Activity

Manually grading an Activity

by Mandy Niebuhr -
Number of replies: 6

I have an instructor that manually graded (turned editing on) a single file upload activity, before he knew how to go in and grade with the "Grade" button.

He now wants to go back and use the Grade button, but is not able to add comments, the box doesn't appear.

Is this a glitch, is there a work around?

Thanks!

In reply to Mandy Niebuhr

Re: Manually grading an Activity

by Itamar Tzadok -

Not a glitch. Grading the assignment directly in the gradebook sets that grade item to overriden so that it won't be automatically updated from the assignment. The instructor has to edit the grade item (click the hand icon next to the grade box) and clear the overriden mark. smile

Attachment grade-overridden.png
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Mandy Niebuhr -

Thank you very much for the information, but I'm not seeing the hand item next to the grade box.

Is this the individual grade box or somewhere else.

Thanks!

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Mandy,
The icon can look different depending on the theme.
Go to the Administration block >  Grades > Grader report, click Turn Editing on button,  and locate Edit icon (defult is a hand with a pen) near each individual student grade.
You will need to remove overriden flag one by one. So, if there is a lot of students, you should probably stick to provings feedback via the gradebook for this assignmnet

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Michael O'Brien -

Posting here as it seem seems suitable. In moodle 2.2.3 there seems to be 2 states for the edit icon. I had to double click mine to open the get to the different checkboxes that applied to the particular assignment like clearning the overridden flag. Clicking it once only got me a text area to enter a quick grade. If you encounter problems getting to the overridden flad consider disabling quick grading and then double clicking the edit icon for the grade you want to change

by Bob Puffer -

As Itamar points out, this is by design, but clearing the overridden flags can be strenuous.  Have just released a text-input grading interface for assignments -- MDL-9085.  With this assignment grading interface you can "override overrides" ("$CFG->wipeassignmentoverrides=1;" in the config.php file) and deal "intelligently" (IMO) with assignment grades.