Nothing happens after I click next on configure database page on install.php

Nothing happens after I click next on configure database page on install.php

by reg phenna -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,
I have been trying to get moodle working for 2 days now with no success!
I have tried on win 2003 and I am trying on a spare win XP Pro station at the moment.
I have IIs 5.1 installed
Mysql installed
PHP 5 installed

I have created a database in Mysql.

When I run install.php I go through the options until I get to the configure database page.
I have filled that as as follows...
type - mysql
host server - localhost
database - moodle
user - moodleuser
password - password
table prefix - mdl_

When i then click next I get a blank page.
It's very frustrating!!

ANyone any ideas.

Thanks

Reg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to reg phenna

Re: Nothing happens after I click next on configure database page on install.php

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Did you enable mysql extension in php.ini and configured environment PATH variable (for isapi only)?

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

Re: Nothing happens after I click next on configure database page on install.php

by reg phenna -

No!

How do I enable extension for php.ini?

Thanks

Reg

In reply to reg phenna

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Also, do you have created a mysql user with access grant to the database you created?. Just a check.
In reply to reg phenna

by Matthew Galvin -

Similar to problem I experienced early on - see my post on IIS 6  . . .

I think you will find that if you turn error reporting on in the php.ini, (uncomment the line for error reporting) that you are still having problems with the php_mysql.dll file, and requests for moodle return the line

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\lib\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 337

So there is a problem we are both experiencing relate to enabling the php_mysql connector.

Unfortunately, there is no current documentation for IIS and Moodle.

I will work on this - post replies if you come up with a solution.