Admin directory incorrect

Admin directory incorrect

by Deependra Tandukar -
Number of replies: 3

Dear all,

I am trying to install moddle but it gives the message 'The admin directory specified is incorrect' I tried several direcotory names including admin. Where should this directory be located? I manually created the directory at /moodleadmin ./moodle/moodleadmin with permission 777.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

DT

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deependra Tandukar

Re: Admin directory incorrect

by Deependra Tandukar -

Sorry, forgot to mention. My server has Linux and PHP 4.3.9, apache 1.3.33, and MySQL 4.0.22-standard.

DT

In reply to Deependra Tandukar

by Andrea Bicciolo -

On some server the "admin" folder is a name used to access features such as control panel and/or other server-relate admin task. Also Moodle uses an "admin" folder name, but for a totally different purpose, and if you use the same names some problem may occur. You should check if it is your case and if it is, either change the "admin" folder of  Moodle in config.php "$CFG->admin = 'admin';" to your Moodel admin folder or install Moodle on a subfolder such as http:/yoursite.ext/moodle.

HTH

In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Deependra Tandukar -
It did not work.

I installed it on a sub directory moodle - admin folder is there in moodle directory - I also tried with different permission on the folder.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Regards,
DT