Why Moodle for an Academic Institution?

Why Moodle for an Academic Institution?

by Gaurav Parashar -
Number of replies: 3

I have written a blogWhy Moodle for an Academic Institution?" to share my experiences and how i have used moodle for the benefit of the institution.

We at INMANTEC choose moodle to be used as an LMS and we found it to be an excellent! and would advise everyone to use it.

https://moodlelearnings.wordpress.com/

http://moodle-learnings.blogspot.com/

I would like to get your comments and suggestions on the blog.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gaurav Parashar

Re: Why Moodle for an Academic Institution?

by Derek Chirnside -

I had a look at this more or less on a randm basis.

I thought the two cartoons were great.  eg

In reply to Gaurav Parashar

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Gaurav, thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the post a lot.  I liked best that you were able to make the case for adoption (to ease communication, to allow for online interaction) before you just launched into what you were using Moodle for.  Glad to see it's working out and I look forward to future posts.

I'd be interested in learning how you and your colleagues specifically employ Moodle (like your example of using the news forum/discussion forums for easily posting and sharing announcements).

-Joe

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Gaurav Parashar -

Hi Joseph, thanks for reading  my work. Before adopting moodle we were not using any software just doing things manually. We have adopted the LMS for making our work at ease. Now we can do so may things like sharing our notes, developing cources online for our own students, displaying our college NOTICEs and Cirlculars, most important assigments. We are able to give assignments to students those do not atted the college due to medical grounds.

We also use it for teaching other institutions about moodle and its workings. I will be sharing all the information regaring our use of moodle at INMANTEC.

Thanks again.