Deleting the button "advanced edit" on a page like user/edit.php

Deleting the button "advanced edit" on a page like user/edit.php

by Thomas Ladegaard -
Number of replies: 3

How do you delete the button "advanced edit" on a page like user/edit.php? Is it necessary to edit an html file?

I will be willing to make this in to a paid job, so please feel free to contact me.

Thank you, Thomas Ladegaard, thomas@ladegaard.as

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Ladegaard

Re: Deleting the button "advanced edit" on a page like user/edit.php

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do you mean the "show advanced" options when editing a user's profile? Who is it you want to prevent from doing this? It is possible in the admin settings to prevent users editing certain aspects of their profile if that is what you are wanting, Can you be more precise?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Deleting the button "show advanced" on a page like user/edit.php

by Thomas Ladegaard -

Thank you very much Mary.

Yes it is the "Show advanced" button, I am referring to. Please see the enclosed screen shot.

Our client wants to disable that option, so that every user does not get that opportunity. Is that even possible?

Best regards, 

Thomas Ladegaard 

In reply to Thomas Ladegaard

Tárgy: Deleting the button "show advanced" on a page like user/edit.php

by Gabor Acs -

Dear All,

I have a similar problem. Is it possible somehow to change which are the basic options and which are the advanced ones (shown by clicing the show advanced button)?

For example, when creating a course basically only 5-6 fields are needed for most teachers and it would be much easier for them to understand the process if the others are hidden under the "show advanced" button.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Gabor