Navigation

Navigation

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 5
  1. When I click on a link (not the arrowhead) it opens up the contents of the lined section.  Is this a feature or a bug?
    I'd expect it to go to the section, and NOT open it up.
  2. When I click on a link in the menu, another seemingly random link wil expand.

I think the menu has too much on it.  I just want navigation between the sections.

We have the scroll of death replaced by the menu scroll of death.

Plus the HTML format has a drop down but no options.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Navigation

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Derek,

It would be much easier to understand what you mean if you would provide one or more annoted screenshots.

I do not understand: "Plus the HTML format has a drop down but no options."

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Derek Chirnside -

Here is a pic from the tracker.

http://tracker.moodle.org/secure/attachment/21693/Post+To+Forum+Screen.png

Just below the text box is a dropdown.  tjhe says HTML format.

Re: HTML format dropdown menu

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Good point Derek, the HTML format dropdown menu is both unnecessary and confusing since there are no other options. This setting existed in 1.9 (see attached screenshot) but not as a dropdown menu if there was only one option.

If I understand things correctly, the plan is to have several text formats in Moodle 2.0, such as HTML and Moodle auto-format, however this has not yet been implemented. Until it is, it seems sensible to hide the setting. Thanks for reporting the issue as MDL-24538.

Attachment forum post settings.png
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Derek Chirnside -

OK Joseph, point taken, I'll make a start.

When I click on Participants I go somewhere.

When I click on General I don't.  The triangle pointing right then points down.

I'd expect to GO to General section.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Derek,

Sometimes you have to click twice (two single clicks, not one double-click) for the sub-menu to "open". See attached result. Don't know if it's worth mentioning this as a bug.

Joseph

Attachment image01.jpg