Grade for a non-scoring Presentation

Grade for a non-scoring Presentation

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 8

Hi Gordon,

Is there any way of returning a grade other than 0% for a presentation in Quizport?

My young users are dismayed at scoring 0% and the fact that it is set to "no weighting" is no comfort to them.  I would rather motivate them by giving 100% for a presentation that is watched.

Thank you.

Deborah

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Grade for a non-scoring Presentation

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Deborah,
there are several things we could try.

First though, could you tell me where it is that your young students see that their score for viewing a presentation is 0%. If possible could you attach a screenshot of what your students are seeing that dismays them so.

thanks
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Deborah Delin -

Hi Gordon,

Students are seeing the 0% score in the Quizport index.  See attached screenshot.

Deborah

Attachment grades.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thank you. I see what you mean.

To me, it seems better to remove the zeroes in the "Quiz score" and "Attempt score" columns completely, because conceptually this quiz is not generating a score or contributing to the unit  grade.

I would like to propose a couple of changes to this page.

• The "Attempt score" is not displayed on this page if the "Score limit" for the quiz is zero.
  • The "Quiz score" is not displayed if the "Score weighting" for the quiz is zero.

I will also modify the output formats for plain html pages and iSpring presentations, so that the score awarded is the "Score limit" for the quiz. Then, if you wish to award a score for viewing a page you can.

I can't make these changes within 24 hours, or even within the week, but they are on my list and will get done at some point.

One last thing. I would like us to refer to the page in your screenshot as a "QuizPort report" page. In particular, it is a "QuizPort report for a unit attempt". The "QuizPort index" is a a different page. It is the page that lists all the QuizPorts in a course.

best regards
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -

Would something like the attached screenshot be suitable?

Attachment quizport.report.unitattempt.jpg

by Deborah Delin -

Thanks very much Gordon.  Point taken about the Quizport report page.

Do let me know when you have had time to make the adjustment so that I can upload the new version.

Deborah

by Gordon Bateson -
Yes, of course. Please let me mull it over a little more. Gordon

by Deborah Delin -

Wow!  Thank you so much!

This will certainly put a smile on my young students' faces.

Deborah