Enrol User in All Courses

Enrol User in All Courses

by dan donche -
Number of replies: 1

Is there a way I can enrol users in all courses? There are several things I am trying to do that are not yet available.  For one, I need to be able to have subscription recurring fees through Paypal.  I'm setting up my site as a premium content system, so when a user subscribes as a premium member, they have access to all the courses (which I will constantly update).

So I need

1. recurring payments

2. a way to enrol them in all courses at once

Here is how I have to do this at the moment:

1. I manually add a new user when one pays for the subscription outside of Moodle.

2. I manually add the user to each course.

This method sucks. Is there an easier way to do it? I cannot hack code. I also tried making a new user role, but I can't figure that out either.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to dan donche

Re: Enrol User in All Courses

by dan donche -

Okay I figured out how to enroll a user in all courses simultaneously after lots of searching. (In case anyone else needs this info, you set it up so that default role is "student" instead of "registered user"; this is under the Users section of the Admin menu.)

Still waiting on if there will be a subscription enrollment plugin thing anytime soon. I've seen lots of requests for this, I'm surprised they haven't done this yet. (I think the earliest post I saw asking for this was from 2007).