DragMath Now available in Forum

DragMath Now available in Forum

by Marc Grober -
Number of replies: 3

Now that Moodle.org has been upgraded to Moodle 2 you will be able to use tinyMCE, and since Tex is turned on, DragMath (look for the $$ _\sqrt{\alpha}$$ )

This was created with dragmath (you will need to remember to check the implicit multiplication option until we address this setting as default with the folk at Moodle.org)

$$x= \frac{-\left(b\right) \pm \sqrt{b^{2}-4ac} }{2a} $$

Also note that the default is set to provide double dollars.

Hopefully, Moodle.org will agree to implement the SEE plugins that Mauno has been working on as well.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Grober

Re: DragMath Now available in Forum

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Yes Marc - it is really nice to see Dragmath icon in tinymce toolbar here in moodle.org and I am glad to say that GEONExT-plugin with JSXGraph filter is now finally stable but I am a little distrustful of getting any SEE plugins to moodle.org forums in the near future...

JSXGraph filter works with all themes and I fixed today the last known bug in it. If javascript is disabled people see an empty box, otherwise filter changes jsxgraph strings to dynamic graphs that can be re-edited with tinymce plugin called geonext which is using GEONExT applet to render proper JSXGraph strings. In editor content area graph strings are replaced with image placeholders because scripts tags can't be used inside editor content area. Plugin supports the same languages as GEONExT applet does and translation in moodle is using the same method as Dragmath plugin.

Old gxt files can be opened directly in applet from your desktop - even if filter itself does not support gxt as file format - and saved with plugin like any graph that you create yourself. Attached an example.

When filter supports only strings and hashed strings support only graph commands it means that students can safely use these graphs but they can't use freely javascript commands.

Plugin packages on my test server are still using the old files but I try to upgrade all my packages during this week and send you some more info in a new post once the new package versions are ready.

Attachment geonext.jpg
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Mauno Korpelainen -

In fact this plugin will make AsciiSVG plugin rather useless...

While it is possible to create graphs of functions with Gf button, edit most properties of those objects and VML graphs in IE are better quality than GD fallback png graphs that Asciisvg plugin creates for IE and no images are saved, just strings, it is hard to find a better open source tool for creating graphs. Browsers that support SVG show SVG graphs with really high quality output.

Max size of graphs is set to 600 x 500 px and it can be resized smaller.

Attachment geonext5.jpg
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Finally here an example how IE renders that graph of  $$f(x)=2x-3$$ and $$f(x)=x^2 - 2^x$$

(my screenshots have faded colors but it's easy to see the difference to typical pixel graphs)

Attachment geonext4.jpg