A bit of a milestone here: we've upgraded Moodle.org to use Moodle 2.0 RC1 in preparation for the 2.0 release next month.
The actual database upgrade took 5 hours, in case you're interested, though the preparation for it (such as developing the theme) obviously took a lot longer. Thanks to all the Moodle HQ team for work on this, especially Sam and Jordan.
There are currently still lots of small problems visible, because:
- The new theme is completely new from the ground up (using the new Moodle 2 framework) and there are a lot of visual subtleties on this site)
- moodle.org is the very oldest Moodle site around, having been continuously upgraded from Moodle 0.9 about 9 years ago, so it has some data that is a little, er, unusual, compared to most Moodle sites.
- moodle.org also has a lot of extra hacks and custom code
- Moodle 2.0 is still being tested, and this is one of the tests
I made the decision to open up moodle.org anyway because I figured you'd all enjoy helping us fixing these little things, so please file issues on the tracker for our team.