Edit table dialog window hide bottons

Edit table dialog window hide bottons

av Jens Gammelgaard -
Antall svar: 4
Bilde av Translators

Hello,

When my users would like to edit a table, that they have inserted with the HTML editor, then the popup window hide the bottons in the lower part of the popup window.

The OK bottons are there when you insert the table at first but not when you wanna edit it.

We are talking about users with MSE for windows.

Have you found a work arround/solution for that flaw?

BR
Jens

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Jens Gammelgaard

Re: Edit table dialog window hide bottons

av Teemu Sumi -
Maybe it's the same problem as here:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=13601
Som svar til Teemu Sumi

Ang: Re: Edit table dialog window hide bottons

av Jens Gammelgaard -
Bilde av Translators

Hello,

I thought so too, but editing the dialog.js only gave me control about the Inserting Table window - NOT the editing table window.

And I use the stable 1.4.2  version, so I hoped it should be new enough.

Should I elaborate something more?

BR
Jens

Som svar til Jens Gammelgaard

Re: Ang: Re: Edit table dialog window hide bottons

av Janne Mikkonen -
Hi Jens

You'll need to modify /lib/editor/plugins/TableOperations/table-operations.js file to get control over the size of edit table window.

At the line 169 you'll see width value:

dialog.content.style.width = "400px";

Try to increase this value and add one more value underneath it:

dialog.content.style.height = "700px";

The 700px is only guessed value, so you probably need to adjust that value to fit for your needs.

- Janne -

ps. The windows sizes in IE depend on what desktop theme you're using. It seems like IE can't handle width's and height's right when some other theme is used than "Windows Original". It must be a feature, since IE doesn't have any bugs blunker

Som svar til Janne Mikkonen

Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Edit table dialog window hide bottons

av Jens Gammelgaard -
Bilde av Translators

Hi Janne!

Thanks for your most informative reply.

It seems you are right about the bugs in IE, because the dialog window does pop up, and for a second I can see the bottons in the lowest part of the pop up, then IE roles (i.e decrease the window hight) the window up, so that the bottons can't be accessed.

But I after I have tried the same function on my other computer with IE, then there is no problem.

So it could also be a certain security setting that couse it, so if any one has found out which one then they should feel free to post it here.

BR
Jens