I have completely rewritten handling of uploaded files. Please help me with testing.
- download latest 1.4.2+ to your test server
- apply attached patch (unzip it to your moodle directory)
- turn slasharguments "on"
- go to http://yoursite/file.php/test
- if it does not work, try setting "cgi.fix_pathinfo=1" in your php.ini
- test resubmitting assignments, uploaded files, tex, quiz images, etc.
- report to this thread
- built-in diagnostics of slasharguments
- slasharguments should work on IIS in PHP cgi mode (ISAPI does not work)
- assignments are accessible only by teachers and its authors
- assignments are not cached - can be viewed after resubmitting
- fixed preview of questions in unsaved quizes
- other internal fixed and code cleanup
I need to get as much testers as possible, especially IIS users and linux platform with old PHP (4.3.3 and older). If everything works fine this code will be part of 1.4.3 release.
It is not finished yet, please do not install it on production servers!