Fix for pix

Fix for pix

by Thomas Robb -
Number of replies: 5
Hi everyone.

I had a sudden inspiration for how to solve the problem concerning graphics in hot potatoes activities not showing up. Since they still reside in the original directory, rather than along side the rewritten file in the /(course)/hotpot directory, they can't be found unless they are physically moved to the new location.

I've now included code that writes a tag into the new hotpot file. This causes the browser to look in the location specified by the base tag for other files.

It seems to work well on Win XP with Firefox, Netscape 7.0 and MSIE 6.0. Mac browsers weren't as cooperative for me.

I'd appreciate it if anyone using graphics in drag & drop activites (or other hotpot modules) could try out the attached fix and report back the results. This file replaces the one in moodle/mod/hotpot/
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Robb

Re: Fix for pix

by Marc Paré -
Hi Rob:

Will this also fix the insertion of a background image in Moodle exercises?  I have had problems with these ... I was going to work on this problem with my exercises during the Christmas break.

Marc
In reply to Marc Paré

by Thomas Robb -
With computers, it's difficult to be sure until it has been tried, but yes, if the bg image is in the same location as the original hotpot activity, then it should now be readable.
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Marc Paré -
Hi Thomas:

Thanks! I'll give it a try ... maybe sooner than the Christmas holidays! Thanks again for all your work ... you are very much appreciated!

Cheers

Marc
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Zeshan Bilal -
I have used this new fix and it doesn't work with slashargument file.php?=/pic.jpg and if I try to use the other slashargument moodle activity page doesn't show.