Feedback module meet FERPA regulations?

Re: Feedback module meet FERPA regulations?

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
That is an interesting question, but the Feedback module is, essentially, a survey tool so I am not sure that FERPA regs would even cover it.

The Feedback module allows you to create your own surveys, and that would be well and truly policed by any schools, anyone else, well that would be an organizational thing so I doubt FERPA would even apply.

As a general rule, one of the core policies of Moodle.org has been to preserve privacy wherever appropriate. The definition of "appropriate" applied by Moodle.org, in my view, has more than a touch of hysterical paranoia about it that is unnecessary. In so many areas Students should not even have an expectation of privacy from Teachers or the School, in general. Obviously this is limited by common sense and good taste, elements of our society that have been sadly lacking in recent decades. Unfortunately, the times we live in dictate that teachers are obviously suspect for wanting to work with children and therefore need to be limited by law to the point where they can no longer perform the duties expected of them. Obviously then, when it goes wrong, as it is, Teachers are being blamed for all of society's problems.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)