History class glossary xml

History class glossary xml

by Alex Braden -
Number of replies: 5
I was reading that it is possible to export or import glossaries.
I was wondering if there are any repositories of exported glossaries that as a new-to-Moodle teacher I could download and import for my World History II (1500's-present) class?
Thanks for the assist!
Alex-Riyadh
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Braden

Re: History class glossary xml

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Alex,

Have a look at the Glossary Exchange. I'm afraid it only contains one history-geography glossary, which has 837 entries in 8 categories.

Hope that helps,

Joseph

PS.- Wearing my pedagogic hat I'll add that the best Glossary (and the best course) is always the one created by a teacher for their own students.

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: History class glossary xml

by Itamar Tzadok -
Wearing my pedagogic shades I would add that the best Glossary (and the best course) is always the one created by the students for their own sake (and only facilitated by the teacher). cool
Average of ratings:Useful (3)
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

in an ideal world

by Alex Braden -
Normally I would agree, but as this is the first year with Moodle, this is an ESL school and grasping the concepts around adding correct, clear and useful posts and an inability to be with them (lack of computer resources) to walk them through it makes what you suggest impractical.
Alex-Riyadh