use moodle together with an online shop

use moodle together with an online shop

by Sven Mendler -
Number of replies: 1

hallo,

i'd like to use moodle together with a shop-system (osCommerce).
the authentification works alredy together with the customer table from oscommerce.
now i want to integrate following tasks:

- when a student enrols for a course a script has to check whether there is a order (these user has ordered these course) in

the orders table of oscommerce.
- if the student has'nt ordered these course the page switch to the shop-system to order the course
- if the student has ordered these course but he did'nt pay for this course a message comes.
- at first when the student has ordered and payed these course the page switch to the course and he can use these.

i'd tryed to configure the enrolment to use an external database too (as like as the authentification). there i want to

define the oscommerce database. the messages and the documentation there are very scanty.
there i can define one only table to compare the enrol/order. the oscommerce uses more than one table to define a order.

in the next time i want to realize that the in moodle created categories and courses are created in oscommerce too (as

categories and products).

i hope that you can understand my scanty english and i get some answers.

with kind regards
sven mendler

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sven Mendler

Re: use moodle together with an online shop

by N Hansen -
Sven-Someone is working on this.  I think there was some discussion about it in the Business Users course a couple months ago.