My students can see Hidden results

My students can see Hidden results

by Andy Kerr -
Number of replies: 7
Hi all,

I'm creating my first choice and have set the "do not publish results to students" parameter.

However on going onto the choice, students have the option to "View responses". I'm fairly new to all this and cant see where I've gone wrong.

Can anyone help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Kerr

Re: My students can see Hidden results

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Where do they see this "view responses"? You are quite sure they only have the student role and not any other role in the course?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Andy Kerr -

When they see the choices the first time it appears in the top right hand corner as you can see in the attached.

I've checked and this individual is certainly a student with student rights

Attachment picture.JPG
In reply to Andy Kerr

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi - I don't get it -this is the teacher view not the student view. Or rather, it should be the teacher view not the student view. If you trust me to log in to your course (you know where I live!) I'd be happy to check your permissions for you - something is amiss here
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Andy Kerr -

Thanks for the offer. One of our staff has spotted the problem in the permissions and sorted it out for me.

Many thanks

In reply to Andy Kerr

by J P -

What was the issue with this?  I'm having the same problem right now.  My students are able to see the anonymous results by clicking on "view responses" after answering the choice question.  They see the results with all student names.

Attachment choice-options.jpg
In reply to J P

by Mary Cooch -

Have you actually logged in as student and seen that? Or have you watched a student log in and see that?  If so, then have you checked that they have not been given a teacher or editing teacher role by error in the course?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by J P -

I logged in as one of my students and saw it.  The student only has "Student" permissions.