Quiz notification emails going out to everybody?

Quiz notification emails going out to everybody?

от Elliot Rapp -
Количество ответов: 6
All,

I have modified emailconfirmbody in quiz.php to customize the message sent out to the student who took the quiz and hopefully the admin who should receive all such messages. However, it appears as though all students, etc are getting these messages. What am I missing? How do I configure it so that ONLY the individual student and the admin get the notification email that a student has completed a quiz?

Thanks!

В ответ на Elliot Rapp

Re: Quiz notification emails going out to everybody?

от Tim Hunt -
Изображение пользователя Core developers Изображение пользователя Documentation writers Изображение пользователя Particularly helpful Moodlers Изображение пользователя Peer reviewers Изображение пользователя Plugin developers
How exactly have you got the Student and Admin roles set up? (with regards to the two relevant capabilites.)
В ответ на Tim Hunt

от Elliot Rapp -
I assume this is what you are referring to:

Get email confirmation when submitting = prohibit
Get email notification of submissions = allow

I guess I should have that reversed?

В ответ на Elliot Rapp

от Elliot Rapp -
What I would really like is for the student and the admin to get an email whenever a student completes a quiz or a course. Is that possible?
В ответ на Elliot Rapp

от Tim Hunt -
Изображение пользователя Core developers Изображение пользователя Documentation writers Изображение пользователя Particularly helpful Moodlers Изображение пользователя Peer reviewers Изображение пользователя Plugin developers
Yes, that is wrong.

For the student, it should be

Get email confirmation when submitting = Allow
Get email notification of submissions = Not set

For the Teacher

Get email confirmation when submitting = Not set
Get email notification of submissions = Allow

And I would not set any permissions related to this for Admin - unless this is a personal site you have set up just for your own teaching, and you do all your teaching logged in as admin.

And in general, it is almost always wrong to use Prevent or Prohibit in role definitions. Normally you should only use Allow and Not set.
В ответ на Tim Hunt

от Elliot Rapp -
Thanks!

Actually, this site will be running short courses for a business. At the moment we don't really have "teachers" set up as one or two people will be the instructor for all courses. The courses won't have a lot of interactive feedback. Rather, there will be some instructional materials and a quiz or quizzes available for them to take when ready. So, our thought was just to have these emails all go through the admin, but maybe I should set up a teacher account as well?

Just to be clear, will these settings make sure that email notifications are sent to the teacher when a user completes a quiz and/or course and to the student stating that the quiz submission was received?

Thanks again!

В ответ на Elliot Rapp

от Tim Hunt -
Get email confirmation mean when you submit a quiz attempt, you get an email to confirm that you did that.

Get email notification of submissions means that whenever anyone submits a quiz attempt, you get an email to notify you that they did that.